Saturday, September 12, 2009

crystal balls

i can't let the football season begin (it already began?) without publishing my division winners picks. kevin posted a full preview because kevin is not married and does not have a life. if you want to be entertained and spend more than 3 minutes looking at how one man believes the NFL will unfold this year, read this. unfortunately, i don't have the ability to write such a comprehensive assessment. i could blame this inability on lack of time, but that would be untrue. i think "other priorities" is more accurate (whatever that means).

winners:

AFC
new england
pittsburgh
tennessee
san diego

NFC
philadelphia
green bay
carolina (that's right)
seattle

since i'm feeling so nostradamus-y, i'll throw some more predictions your way:

1. i will drink a keg's worth of pumpkin beer in the next few months. had the first one of the season last week and am feeling up to the task of trying every variety i can get my fingers on.

2. heidi will run more miles than me over the remainder of the year. currently, (if we are starting today) she is up in miles 10 - 3. if i break her legs then i can catch her. but if i break her legs there might be other repercussions and consequences i am not prepared to deal with.

3. i will regret at least half of those NFL picks. the carolina pick especially will leave me doubting my own intelligence and sexuality.

4. the st. louis cardinals and new york yankees will meet in the world series. i used to believe in the dodgers, but have abandoned that pick faster than my dog calvin can tear the cover off a tennis ball (really fast). st. louis will win because God can't be bought. and since God can't be bought, he will punish the yankees for thinking they could buy a championship. i picture alex rodriquez being torn apart limb from limb by a hungry pack of alley cats on the field.

5. heidi and i will know what the heck we are going to do with our life before the end of '09. should we stay or should we go? if we go, to where will it be?

that's all. for further reading, may i suggest you go back and read my "idioms" post from last week? and yes, kevin, i came up with those on my own. i have a piece of scratch paper with those and more scribbled on it. i spent at least 2 hours coming up with that list and am insulted that you question my intelligence and integrity.

4 comments:

Kevin Wesley said...

Tennessee? Really? That Carolina pick made me double over. So, once I get married, I'll have a life? And here I was thinking that marriage ruined lives.

It's hilarious to think that I purposely didn't do anything rowdy tonight because I wanted to be in the right mindset for a day's worth of football tomorrow. It seems perfectly rational to me.

Heidi Lynn Bragg said...

glad you worked me in there amongst all the sports

Melky said...

I'm highly disappointed that you failed to predict wild card teams.

edwardallen said...

that's a good point, keith. i don't know what i was thinking. but in the end, it doesn't matter because my picks are horrible